Seattle Dog Bite Lawyer
Seattle is a very dog-friendly city. Dogs are prevalent in our parks, on our sidewalks and even in our cafes and local businesses. Most dogs do not pose a threat to humans — but in the rare cases when they attack, the injuries they cause can be catastrophic.
You were minding your own business when someone else’s dog attacked and bit you, leaving a serious injury. The law firm of Elk & Elk can help you hold the negligent owner responsible and seek compensation for your damages.
Dog Bite Resources
- Why Hire Elk & Elk Co., Ltd
- Compensation Available in a Dog Bite Lawsuit
- Free Consultation: Contact Our Dog Bite Lawyers
Why You Should Trust Elk & Elk of Seattle
At Elk & Elk, finding justice is our number one value. Thousands of people have trusted Elk & Elk due to our success, culture, and ability to secure compensation for our clients. In addition:
- Our Seattle personal injury lawyers have extensive experience in the personal injury area of law, securing a combined total of over $1 billion in compensation for our clients.
- Elk & Elk has successfully won numerous, multi-million dollar settlements for people who have suffered personal injuries such as dog bites.
- We have handled many complex cases; we know the ins and outs of cases like those involving dog bites and are able to handle your situation with confidence.
We understand why someone may be hesitant to reach out to a Seattle dog bite lawyer. Embarking on a legal journey can seem daunting, but Elk & Elk is here to help you every step of the way.
Why Hire a Dog Bite Lawyer?
Attempting to negotiate with the owners of the dog, insurance companies, and any other parties involved can be confusing. Oftentimes, they will attempt to deny your claims and blame you for the injuries you have sustained. As difficult and common as this type of situation may seem, you do not have to do it alone.
- A lawyer will be able to investigate your claims and advise you on how to proceed. They will identify any potential holes or missing information that you will need to be successful with your case.
- Your dog bite attorney will negotiate with the other legal teams and insurance companies involved in the case, utilizing their knowledge on dog bite law in Washington State to back up your claims.
- Finally, your lawyer will fight for your rights and represent you should your case proceed to court.
The hardest step is usually the first. Reaching out to a Seattle dog bite lawyer is the first step towards winning damages concerning your injuries. We believe that utilizing legal services and making these claims should be done as soon as possible, as you only have a limited amount of time to file a claim.
Dog Bite Lawsuits in Washington State
Dog bites can be extremely serious injuries, sometimes leading to broken bones, severe bleeding, and deep lacerations. Their severity is reflected in the shocking financial statistics of dog bites lawsuits in Washington State and the country as a whole.
- The average cost per claim nationally has risen over 160% from 2003 to 2020, with the most current claim cost being $50,245.
- In 2020, liability claims concerning dog-related injuries cost homeowner insurers over $850 million.
- Total dog bite claims in Washington State exceed $13 million annually, according to the Northwest Insurance Council.
- Dog bite injuries are the second most common type of injury for children, second only to playground injuries.
- Almost 100 children require professional medical attention every day in the United States due to a dog-related injury.
- King County sees over 300 dog bites annually.
When Dogs Attack, Owners Are Responsible
According to Washington state’s statutes surrounding dog bite injuries, the owner or keeper of any dog is liable to the person or party of any person while in a public place or legally on private property, including the residence of the dog owner. It does not matter whether or not the dog in question has a history of aggression or has bitten anyone in the past. If the dog was provoked by the injury victim, the dog’s owner will likely not be liable for the injuries.
Washington State’s Statute of Limitations Concerning Dog Bites
Every state in the United States of America has a period of time in which an injury victim must file a lawsuit. The personal injury statute of limitations in Washington is three years from the date an injury occurs. If a dog bite injury victim fails to file a lawsuit within this three-year time frame, they will lose the ability to recover the compensation they are entitled to.
Although three years may seem like a long time, it takes your attorney time to investigate your case. Collecting evidence and filing the proper paperwork can take a while. Between recovering from injuries and dealing with the personal impacts of a dog bite, three years can go by in a flash. Ensure success in your case by reaching out to a Seattle dog bite lawyer as soon as possible.
Sometimes, Legal Action Is The Only Way To Get Compensation
Many survivors do not want to file claims against the dog’s owner. Often, they love dogs themselves and fear that the animal will be put to sleep. But taking legal action against the owner is often the only way to recover full compensation for your damages. Elk & Elk can help you with your claim, protect your rights and stand up to negligent dog owners.
Our Contingency Fee Policy
One of the principal concerns when deciding on whether or not to reach out to an attorney is money. While it may be tempting to try to go about the legal process alone, the complexity of doing so can lead you to a weaker case. Elk & Elk’s peak concern is finding you justice, and this is reflected in our contingency fee payment policy.
When hiring one of our attorneys to take on your case, you will not pay a single dollar in upfront or out-of-pocket fees until Elk & Elk wins your case. Our firm is committed to your success and only requires payment once compensation for your injuries is in your pocket.
Did You Survive a Dog Bite? Get a Free Consultation.
Our team is here to help with all of your legal needs. The financial implications related to sustaining a dog bite can be straining on an individual and a family as medical costs continue to rise. Elk & Elk is here to help you through the legal process and secure the compensation you deserve.
Reach out to a Seattle dog bite lawyer by scheduling a free, no-risk, no-obligation consultation with the offices of Elk & Elk to discuss your dog bite case. You can do this by calling 1-844-ELK-WEST (1-844-355-9378) or by filling out our online contact form at any time of the day. By reaching out to one of our attorneys, you will have confidence that your case is dealt with in a swift and decisive manner.