Helping Victims Of Medical Malpractice
Behind heart disease and cancer, medical errors are the third-leading cause of death in America. The Journal of Patient Safety estimates between 210,000 and 440,000 patients die every year from preventable hospital errors. Let the Seattle medical malpractice attorneys of Elk & Elk assess your situation and get you the best results.
The Types Of Medical Malpractice Cases We Handle
- Birth injuries
- Medical errors, such as failure to diagnose or failure to act in a timely way to refer a patient to a specialist
- Anesthesia injuries
- Surgical errors, such as leaving instruments inside a patient or operating on the wrong body part
- Medication and prescription errors, such as prescribing the wrong medicine, requesting the wrong dose or filling the prescription incorrectly
Whatever the type of case, our lawyers and support team are ready to help you get your life back on track after an error caused by negligence. Our goal is to obtain the compensation you need and deserve to help you cope with your injury, replace lost income if you can no longer work, and pay for long-term care if needed.
If you were injured by the negligence and errors of a medical provider or institution such as a clinic or hospital, find out about your legal options. You may be eligible for compensation. For a free consultation, call us at 1-844-ELK-WEST (1-844-355-9378) or contact us online.
Why Hire Elk & Elk?
The answer to this question is simple: We have the experience, resources and results to help you after you were injured, became ill or lost a loved one because of the negligence and mistakes of a physician, nurse, surgeon or other health care professional.
- Experience: With over 50 years of experience helping injured clients, we know what we’re doing. Our principal medical malpractice attorney teaches seminars about avoiding medical malpractice lawsuits to doctors and hospital staff. This is invaluable experience, giving him and our clients a distinct edge.
- Resources: Our firm has a national network of experts and specialists in almost any medical field you can think of. We also have in-house nurses and consultants in many related fields, such as pharmacology and psychology, to help us determine exactly how the practitioner deviated from the approved standard of care.
- Results: Our record of verdicts and settlements in medical malpractice cases is significant, and we have won some of the highest awards in our home state of Ohio. We believe that when you place your health and future in the hands of medical professionals, they must provide treatment at the level that you expect and deserve. When they don’t and an injury, illness or death occurs, it is important to seek the maximum remedy possible.