Seattle Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney
Uber and Lyft are popular companies that provide transportation in the form of a car and driver at the tap of a button. Because their mobile apps are made available to smart phones, transportation to the airport, a restaurant, home, or even a hike becomes incredibly convenient. Despite the seemingly harmless nature of such a service, the riders’ lives are placed in the hands of the contracted driver, and this can put riders at risk of getting injured in a car accident. If you are injured in an accident involving a rideshare driver, the Seattle car accident attorneys at Elk & Elk are here to step in and take the wheel. Contact us to discuss your case for free and get the assistance you need.
Why Elk & Elk Is Preferred for Rideshare Claims in Seattle
- Our firm has decades of experience working in King County and the surrounding areas of Washington state.
- We fight to protect all of your rights, from negotiating and dealing with insurance companies to handling all of the necessary paperwork and documentation needed to file your claims.
- Elk & Elk will not charge you unless we win, working on a completely contingency-free basis.
How an Uber and Lyft Attorney Works for You
There are a number of steps your lawyer and legal team will take for you to increase and maximize your chances for a winning case. For example, your personal injury attorney:
- Provides legal consultation to ensure an orderly claims filing, covering all the bases of a proper legal proceeding
- Fights for compensation for your damages should the rideshare company or driver try to cheat you out of the financial hardships you have endured
- Employs their depth of knowledge in automobile law to explore and utilize all possible avenues for a winning case
Steps to Take After an Accident With a Rideshare Driver
- Ensure that the scene is safe enough to move about. First and foremost, you must make sure that you are safe to exit the vehicle. Moving traffic or a hit and run situation can spell disaster if attempting to exit a crashed car. Additionally, a blocked door, protruding metal, or other physical danger could threaten your life if not properly addressed.
- Make sure everyone is safe at the site of the accident. Safety and livelihood are crucial. Checking everyone’s state after the crash and identifying the need for immediate medical attention might save someone’s life.
- Call the cops and an ambulance. First responders will document your experience, connect your injuries with the crash, place you at the crash, and help you obtain any further medical attention needed.
- Alert whichever ridesharing company you are using. The correct rideshare company must be made aware of the accident. There should be a way to contact the rideshare company about the incident in the app.
- Reach out to a Seattle Uber and Lyft accident attorney. Securing an experienced attorney is the most important step to take when working to increase your chances of successfully securing compensation for your damages.
Contact an Uber or Lyft Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one is looking to file a claim for an incident involving a rideshare incident in the western Washington region, please reach out to one of our Seattle Uber and Lyft attorneys at Elk & Elk by calling 1-844-ELK-WEST (1-844-355-9378) or by clicking here to be redirected to one of our online contact forms.