EVERY CLIENT. EVERY DAY.®
At Elk & Elk, we stand by our clients after a serious accident has changed their lives.
Ask Us Your Questions About Truck Accidents
Following a truck accident, you may feel confused about the complex steps you need to take regarding insurance, medical treatment and other legal issues. With 50 years of experience, Elk & Elk can answer any questions you have and guide you through your case step by step.
These are some of the questions we hear most frequently about truck accidents.
What steps should I take after a truck accident?
- Call 911 and request a police officer and ambulance. The police officer can write a report about the accident and the ambulance can immediately transport you to a hospital.
- If you can, document the scene of the accident using your phone or another camera.
- Get the name, license plate number, insurance information and employer of the truck driver.
- If there are witnesses to the accident, get their names and phone numbers.
- After receiving medical treatment, contact an attorney. Do not speak to any insurance companies without your lawyer.
When should I contact an attorney?
You should contact an attorney as soon as possible. Trucking companies send out their own investigators, lawyers and insurers quickly to build a case against you. You should get a legal team on your side as soon as you can.
How are truck accident cases different from car accident cases?
Because trucks are substantially larger than cars, the injuries they inflict are usually severe. The companies that own the trucks also have vast resources at their disposal, including lawyers, forensic investigators and expert witnesses. Truck accidents also have issues of complex liability, because more than two parties—the truck driver and car driver—are involved in the case.
What are the major causes of truck accidents?
Truck accidents usually involve several factors, including:
- Driver negligence
- Driver fatigue
- Inadequate driver training
- Poor truck maintenance
- Improper cargo loading methods
- Pressure on truckers to drive recklessly
If another party caused or contributed to the accident in any way, they may owe you compensation for your damages.
What types of damages may I seek?
Because truck accidents are usually serious, they can cause massive damages. These may include:
- Lengthy hospital stays
- Ongoing medical treatment
- Automobile repairs
- Partial or total disability
- Loss of earning potential
- Punitive damages for the trucking company
Asks More Questions. Get More Answers.
To ask a lawyer more questions about your truck accident, contact Elk & Elk in Seattle for your free consultation. We will not charge you any fees unless we recover compensation for you. To get a free consultation, send us an email or call our office at 1-844-355-9378.
Car And Auto Accidents
“They did a fantastic job. It kind of restores your faith in humanity a little bit to have someone do a good job and do it from their heart.”