Have Questions About Your Accident? We Can Answer Them.
You were in a motor vehicle accident, and you have many questions that need answers. At Elk & Elk, we can answer any questions you have about the insurance process, your legal options and how to seek treatment for your injuries.
On this page, we have compiled some of the questions we hear most frequently. If your question is not answered, contact our law firm and one of our team members can help you.
What steps should I take immediately after an accident?
You probably feel disoriented and overwhelmed following an accident. These are the steps you should take:
- Call 911 so that a police officer can make an official report.
- Get medical treatment, even if your injuries seem minor.
- Document the scene of the accident by taking pictures.
- Get the name, license plate number, phone number and insurance information of the other party. If there are any witnesses, get their contact information, too.
- Do not speak to insurance companies. Instead, contact an attorney who can advise you about your rights.
Should I get a medical exam after an accident, even if I feel fine?
Yes. You should always consult a doctor, even if you do not think you are injured. Many injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries, are not visible. A medical professional can perform a complete exam to assess your physical and emotional state.
What if I can’t work because of my injuries?
Many injuries can prevent you from working, causing you to lose wages. You may need to seek compensation for loss of earning power and lost wages.
What type of compensation may be available?
By pursuing legal action against the party that caused your injuries, you may recover compensation for damages such as:
- Hospital bills
- Medical treatment
- Lost wages or loss of earning power
- Pain and suffering
- Auto or bicycle repairs
- Loss of companionship, if a loved one was killed
Do I need an attorney following a car accident?
Insurance companies do not care whether you receive enough money to cover your damages. They want to protect their own bottom line. It is crucial to work with an attorney to protect your rights and fight for maximum compensation.
Get More Answers In A Free Consultation
These are only a few major questions that you probably have. To ask more questions and get more answers, schedule a free initial consultation at our office in Seattle. To get your free consultation, call 1-844-355-9378 or send us an email.