EVERY CLIENT. EVERY DAY.®
At Elk & Elk, we stand by our clients after a serious accident has changed their lives.
Bill Price is a seasoned trial attorney who focuses his practice on personal injury litigation for people who have been seriously injured or killed. His experience is in the fields of Medical Malpractice, Nursing Home Neglect, Defective Products, Negligence in Construction sites and Trucking and Auto Accidents. He has tried more than 50 civil cases in multiple areas of negligence, products liability and wrongful death.
Each of Bill’s clients receive his personal cell phone number to ensure timely and continuous communication, both during and after business hours, and to provide immediate responses to any questions or concerns. Most lawyers do not give this option to their clients, and he takes great pride in offering such direct access. While no attorney can guarantee a specific outcome, Bill guarantees his clients’ satisfaction with his service as their attorney and welcomes constructive criticism.
In addition to receiving the gratitude of his clients, several industry groups have recognized Bill for his abilities and results. Martindale-Hubbell®, a nationally recognized peer review system, allows other lawyers and judges to rate an attorney, based on his or her legal ability and general ethical standards. Attorney Price’s peers gave him their highest rating, AV® Preeminent™.
In 2016 & 2017, Super Lawyers Magazine recognized Bill as one of the Top 50 Lawyers in the Cleveland and was included in the Top 100 Lawyers in Ohio. Each year, no less than five percent of the lawyers are selected to receive this honor. In addition to being recognized in the Top 50 and Top 100, Bill was selected from 2010 to 2013 as a “Rising Star” for lawyers under the age of 40 and from 2014-2017 was selected to the Annual Ohio Super Lawyers list.
Attorney Price is also proud of his Avvo® rating. Avvo is a rating system, which allows colleagues and former clients to review an attorney based on his or her performance. He was given a “Superb 10/10” rating as a result of his years of experience, practice, and qualifications.
The Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which also includes the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers, including only those who have won million dollar and multi-million dollar awards in their years of practice. Less than one percent of lawyers in the U.S. are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and Attorney Price has been a member since 2012.
The following settlements and verdicts are just a few of the successful results he has achieved for various clients.
Settlements and Verdicts
$4.7 Million – A motorist sustained a crushing injury to his ankle, leaving him permanently disabled for the remainder of his life after a head-on collision with another vehicle.
$3 Million – Gas explosion in Southern Ohio resulting in a father sustaining third-degree burns to his forearms and upper torso, leaving him permanently scarred and emotionally traumatized for life.
$1.5 Million – A fuel explosion in Akron/Canton area severely burned a mother and child, leaving severe scars and horrific skin disfigurement. Co-Counsel: Christopher Tipping
$1.45 Million – A traffic control zone was improperly designed and maintained, which resulted in a motorcyclist sustaining a traumatic brain injury.
$1.1 Million – Motor vehicle accident resulting in the wrongful death of a police officer
The Plaintiff worked as a police officer and was picking up debris in the road when the Defendant, who was driving a truck, hit the Plaintiff and dragged him along the roadway. This resulted in the death of the Plaintiff.
$850,000 – A tree-trimmer died due to a product defect when a fiberglass boom failed in the extended position when the deceased was trimming limbs near a power line.
$575,000 – Our client fell out of a tube at a local water park, resulting in paralysis to the right side of his body.
$300,000 – Our client slipped and fell on a diving board that was not properly maintained, resulting in torn meniscus and all tendons in knee. Plaintiff required multiple surgeries. .
$250,000 – Motorcycle collision results in multiple injuries
The Defendant failed to yield at a left turn and hit the Plaintiff, who was riding a motorcycle, head on. Our Client suffered lacerations to the forehead, road rash, arm and back injuries, and a fractured right leg, which required surgery.
$249,000 – Soft tissue verdict with hairline fractures. Defendant failed to yield while making a left turn and plaintiff hit the front passenger-side wheel well. Plaintiff’s hairline fracture resolved in three months, however plaintiff suffered continuous soft tissue pain. Jury agreed.
Bill has obtained settlements representing the defendant’s full policy limit for more than 60 of his clients.
All lawsuits are different and Elk & Elk makes no representation or promises that it can obtain the same results in other cases. These results do not guarantee, warrant, or predict the outcome of any future legal matter. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation.
Bill has obtained settlements representing the defendant’s full policy limit for more than 60 of his clients.
Cheryl Krider - April 4, 2017
Bill Price is an excellent lawyer! My sister and I know God sent Bill Price to us when we needed a lawyer to represent us in a neglectful nursing home case involving our father. He was compassionate and caring. We had never hired a lawyer before so this was very emotional for us. Bill was aggressive and settled our case VERY professional! We can still call him and he returns our call quickly. We will always remember the kindness he showed us through every step of our case about our dad! Link to Review
Angela Hawsman - March 20, 2017
My son suffered a devastating injury to his knee. Fighting for damages for his injury was a long battle, but Attorney Bill Price and Elk & Elk were nothing short of amazing throughout the whole process. The case took a while to settle, and through it all, Mr. Price was ALWAYS there to listen to us. There were times of laughter, times of tears, but what sticks with us is Mr. Price and Elk & Elk never gave in or gave up! In fact, over the years Mr. Price has become more than an attorney to our family, he has become a friend. Even after the case was settled, (a little over 2 years ago) Mr. Price still calls to check on my son and to see how he is doing. THAT is the kind, caring, serious attitude you can expect from not only Mr. Price but the entire team at Elk & Elk! Link to Review
Anonymous - March 17, 2017
Bill Price...a great attorney, and a good friend My son (11 at the time) & I were involved in an accident at home involving an item that was subsequently pulled from the market after causing injury, burns and explosions to us and several others in the US. We both sustained severe burns from the faulty product…my son was burned on 20-25% of his body, thankfully his back, legs and arms; and the skin on my entire right hand was burned. Both of us had 3rd degree burns. Both of us required skins grafts, spent three weeks in the burn unit of a hospital, spent countless time in physical therapy. We both had to wear garments to cover our burns for protection and to help the healing process. In my case I wore fitted glove 23 hours a day for 15 months. My son’s scars are disfiguring and were not allowed to be exposed to sun for several summers. Our medical staff was excellent, but we both have scarring that will never go away. These reasons led us to file a lawsuit.
After talking to another firm, they brought in and introduced me to Bill from Elk & Elk, and our case was turned over to him. Bill was involved from the beginning in every detail of our case including: meetings with the doctors on our case, meetings with PT…also filming a session to show the process, meetings with witnesses to the accident, sorting thru piles and piles of medical records, calls to other attorneys handling similar cases for others using the same product on the national level, research on the company that produced the product (US parent company, produced in China), sorting thru data that was compiled by the Government resulting in the product being recalled, consulted a psychological who met with both of us, and most importantly…met consistently with my husband and I continuously as we progressed thru our case as we prepared for a potential trial. This just lists a few of the details pertaining to building our case, there was so many other minute details that I have not listed. This entire process was over a period of 4 years before we ultimately worked with a mediator to come to a settlement. Bill provided contact with an investment firm that handled investing the settlement for our son.
While it is never easy to make the decision to sue, knowing my son was scarred permanently at the age of 11…and knowing he will be scarred his entire life was the deciding factor. Two years have passed since the settlement, and our family has remained friends with Bill. We keep in touch, and remain in contact, which says a lot about him as a person. That, combined with his efforts handling our case make my recommendation of him as an attorney very easy to write. Link to Review
Cynthia - December 1, 2014
William Price shows support I was involved in a car accident on May 25th 2013, when a 17 year old ran a red light and T-boned my car, totaling it, as air bags front and side deployed. When the officer arrived and took statements she said her light was green, and I 100% knew mine was green. As a result the officer did not sight anyone and the battle began. My car was totaled, I lost my 500 $ deductible, and suffered a fractured wrist and severe contusions on my arms. My insurance covered most of the medical bills and lose of car but I occurred over 2-3 thousand dollars additionally. I met with Bill to review case and he supported me in having enough evidence to move forward with a suit against this young lady. It was a very long drawn out process ( 18 months long) but we collected witness statements and it was finally settled after arbitration with lawyers and her insurance company accepting, she was clearly at fault. I can tell you that I was a basket case at times and it was very emotional with tears welling up many times. Bill was very patient with me and met me several time to prepare for deposition. I settled for what I thought was a fair amount of 23,000 dollars. He was a rock and offered me great support to get me mentally prepared for this. I 'am so grateful to him and I'm happy that I pursued this as it shows young citizen you can't lie and get away with it. The truth will come out in the end. Drive safe. Link to Review
- Michigan State University College of Law, East Lansing, Michigan
- J.D. - 1999
- Bowling Green State University
- BS BA - Finance / International Business - 1995
Classes & Seminars
- "How to Avoid Defense Counsel's Tactics on Cross Examination", Northeast Ohio Chiropractor's Association, Spring 2006
- "Insurance Issues for the Elderly", Various AARP Meetings, 2006
- "Four Ways to Pump Up Referrals", Various Bar Associations in Ohio
- Automobile Litigation: Strategic Issues and Answers, NBI Presentation, July 10, 2010
- Managing Liens and Subrogation in Auto Accident Litigation, NBI presentation, July 29, 2011
- Cleveland Division, Externship, United States Attorney, 1998 to 1998
- Curtin and Associates Ltd., Attorney, 2001 to 2006
- Summit County, Prosecutor, 1999 to 2001
- When is an Argument Considered Improper under the Golden Rule?, Ohio Trial Magazine, Winter, 2010
- A Walk on the Dark Side: Observations from an Insurance Industry Defense Lawyer - Turned Plaintiff's Counsel, OACTA Quarterly Review, Winter 2009/2010
- Preparing Cases for Settlement, Litigation News, Vol. 16, Issue 1, Winter, 2010
- When Experts Dismantle a Party's Credibility, Ohio Trial Magazine, Vol. 17, No. 2., 2007
- Valentine v. Conrad - Expanding the Role of Gatekeeper, Cleveland Association of Trial Lawyers Newsletter, Fall, 2007
- Gary Hanes' Day in Court, VBOOST, Summer, 2008
- Good Counsel, Trial, June, 2008
- How To Use Discovery From A Dismissed Case In Your Re-Filed Case, Ohio Trial, Winter, 2009
- Ohio State Bar Association , District 12 Delegate
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member, Litigation Section, Negligence Section and Young Lawyers Section
- Mt. Akra Lodge , Member
- National Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Member
- Appointed Segregation Task Committee, 2010 to 2010
- Motorcycle Association - Lorain County Street Soldiers, Honorary Member
- Akron Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Central Ohio Association of Justice
- Ohio State Bar Association , Chair for the Negligence Law CLE presentation for the OSBA Conference
- Personal Injury
- Ohio, 1999
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Ohio Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating? - 4.5/5.0 AV/ Preeminent
- Ohio Super Lawyers - 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Ohio Super Lawyers - Top 100 Ohio Super Lawyers - 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Ohio Super Lawyers - Top 50 Cleveland Super Lawyers - 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Aggravation of Congenital Defect Claimed Following Car Crash, The Ohio Trial Reporter
- Head-On Crash Resolved Through Mediation, The Ohio Trial Reporter
- Pre-Suit Settlement Reached in Dram Shop Matter, The Ohio Trial Reporter