EVERY CLIENT. EVERY DAY.®
At Elk & Elk, we stand by our clients after a serious accident has changed their lives.
Arthur is the Managing Member of Elk & Elk in Cleveland, Ohio. As an Ohio personal injury lawyer and medical malpractice lawyer, he has represented medical malpractice and wrongful death victims for almost five decades. Art, just two years out of law school, was elected Ashland Ohio's County Prosecuting Attorney for two successive four-year terms. After having been the youngest prosecuting attorney in the state of Ohio, Art chose to leave the public sector and enter the private practice of law. Art has found great satisfaction in providing injury victims with quality legal services in all major areas of injury law.
When Art is not representing the rights of injury victims, he enjoys spending time with his wife and four children.
Settlements and Verdicts
$3.5 Million Settlement - Incorrectly holding a patient to carbon dioxide instead of oxygen
74-year-old Plaintiff underwent cardiac surgery at a hospital. Immediately following the procedure he went directly from the operating room to the ICU. Elk & Elk’s medical malpractice lawyers settled the case out of court for $3.5 million.
$1.8 Million Settlement - Botched sinus surgery results in cognitive delays and chronic headaches
16-year-old Plaintiff was suffering from pansinusitis. The Defendant physician undertook surgical correction of this problem. Plaintiff’s experts and the defense acknowledged that with appropriate surgery, this chronic and diffuse sinus problem could be corrected.
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio
- J.D. - 1973
- Honors: Dean's List
- Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
- B.A. - 1970
Classes & Seminars
- Dr. Lester Adelson
- Dr. Stuart A. Weprin
Fraternities or Sororities
- Zeta Beta Tau
- Ohio Association for Justice (OAJ)
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys (CATA)
- The National Trial Lawyers
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Ohio State Bar Association (OSBA)
- National Crime Victim Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- The Mass Tort Trial Lawyers Association
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America (APITL America)
- Personal Injury
- Ohio, 1973
- Florida, 1973
- Pennsylvania, 1999
- New York, 2007
- Million Dollar Advocate
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocate
- Who's Who Top 10 Members in Law for 2009
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating 4.4/5.0 BV/Preeminent
- America's Top 100 Attorneys