The Seattle, Washington, law office of Elk & Elk Co., Ltd., handles all types of medical malpractice and personal injury cases. From our roots in Ohio, we moved to Kentucky and now to Washington State. We invite you to read this website and learn how we can help you if you were injured or lost a loved one because of the negligence of another party.
Some things you might not know about Seattle
Seattle is famous for its coffee shops, food trucks and music scene. But there are things about Seattle that some people - even residents - may not know:
- Seattle is the most northern city of more than 500,000 in the United States
- Around 41 percent of the city's area is water
- Seattle receives more rain than any other U.S. city with more than 250,000 people
- Annual average snowfall in Seattle is 6.8 inches
- Twice as many people in Seattle have college degrees than the national average
- There are 185 Seattle properties and districts listed in the National Historic Register
- Less than two percent of the electricity used in Seattle is produced using fossil fuels
What's the legal climate in Seattle?
But what about the legal scene in Seattle? There's a three-year window of opportunity to file most personal injury lawsuits, although there are some exceptions. There are seldom punitive damages available in personal injury claims. Washington allows comparative fault claims, that is, an individual may be partly responsible for his or her own injuries. However, an individual found to be partly at fault can still file a personal injury claim. Moreover, there is no cap on damages that can be awarded in personal injury lawsuits; the Washington Supreme Court has ruled such limits unconstitutional. Dog owners are strictly liable in Washington for dog bites, regardless of the pet's previous behavior. One can file a claim against a government entity; unlike some states, Washington has the same statute of limitations for claims against public agencies as it does for private claims.
Contact Elk & Elk to learn about our Seattle office location and our personal injury practice
Although we are new to the area, our law firm has a track record of being involved in the community wherever we are located. To learn more about us and how we can help you after an accident or injury caused by negligence, call us at 844-ELK-WEST (844-355-9378) or contact us online for a free consultation with a Seattle attorney.
The law firm of Elk & Elk Co., Ltd., handles personal injury cases in Seattle, Tacoma and the surrounding area.